Sunday, March 1, 2015

Blog Post #7

In “Using iMovie and the Alabama Virtual library in Kindergarten,” Ms. Davis, Ms. Bennett, and Dr. Strange; the students in kindergarten were already using iMovie and wanted to use it more often. I think it ensures that the teacher is using their tools effectively i.e.; when they first start reading a new book they would have to make a book trailer. I remember when I was younger we would have to use the AVL for books and looking up things in the dictionaries. It’s a great tool and it is free to everybody.  
In “We All Become Learners,” Ms. Bennett stated that one of her students taught her a feature on the iPad and she used that information to teach her class that week. With technology in the classroom only being around for a couple of years, everyone is sort of a learner when it comes to new technology. Students become more involved in activities when technology is being used. Students usually learn from one another when learning about technology, so you would only have to teach it once. When I become an educator, I will listen to the students and get their input on ways to use technology.
In the Video “iPads in the Classroom,” the iPads are such a great tool to have when being a teacher. It has so many functions and apps, which allows the student to become more engaged in their own learning process. When the students use their iPads they tend to pay more attention to the lesson in the classroom.

mypad.northampton.ac.uk
From part of the opening quote from “Top 10 Reasons to UseTechnology in Education,” teachers who don’t use technology will be replaced with teachers, who do use technology. I could not agree more with that those 10 reasons the video stated; from number 10 - remove obstacles to number 1 - the students love it. Today’s technology is changing the future of education. As teachers we need to adapt to use technology is our lesson. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michael! I agree on your views of these videos. I also remember using AVL in grade school. It was helpful source for students to use. Being a educator that will learn from my students is important to me. I never want to stop learning or think that I know everything. Teachers do need to adapt to using technology with their lessons. Students use too much technology outside of school to dare not use it in school. Using the technology in school will help them be more engaged and effective in learning. Great job on this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, I think you did a great job summarizing these videos and showing examples of why you agree with them. I think that the AVL is a good website for children and adults to do research. I didn't even know it was available until after watching the video. I like the quote that you used from the video, "teachers who don’t use technology will be replaced with teachers, who do use technology. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete