Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Blog Post

Outline:
A. Who am I?
     1. Where I am from and raised.
        - Born in Dothan
        - Currently living in Grand Bay
     2. My major.
        - Health Education
     4. About me.
        - Love fishing
     5. About my family.
        - A bunch of educators
B. Why do I want to be an educator?
     1. Why I am attending South Alabama.
     2. Why I choose my major.
     3. Teaching with Technology.
C. My passions



Hello, my name is Michael Baxter, I was born in Dothan, Alabama. During my elementary age I was raised in Elba, Alabama. Then in 5th grade my family moved to Mobile. After 3 years we moved to Pensacola, Florida when I was in 8th grade . Finally, my senior year of high school we moved back to the Mobile area living in Grand Bay, Alabama. I am a Health Education major. Things that interest me are fishing, driving around, and music. I love to met new people. My father is preacher for the United Methodist Church, which he has served for 30 plus years. My mother is a teacher at Davidson high school. My sister is a senior at South, majoring in elementary education.

I chose to come to South Alabama because I liked the atmosphere of the campus and how friendly their staff and instructors are. I want my students to understand that health is not just a broad topic but, there are specific topics with in the subject of health that relates to their everyday life such as spiritual and emotional health. I felt that health education was a better fit for me rather than my original major "business". I think that Google search is a very useful tool during a health education class. Students can easily find what they need to find in just a simple search on Google.

I love to go outdoors, I have found that fishing is one of the most peaceful activities that one can do. Kayak fishing is also of my favorite activities. Along side with the outdoors, I love music. From working sound boards to playing the bass guitar to playing the tuba, music has become in my life very influential. I currently play tuba in the Jaguar marching band.

No comments:

Post a Comment